Monday, June 29, 2009

Scones @ The T Cafe, Cameron Highlands

Prior to my visit to the T Cafe, I have done lots of read-ups about this cafe. I have eagerly anticipated this visit that I have arrived too early and waited one hour for the cafe to open for business. Business starts at 11:00am!



Entering the cafe, I am not particularly impressed with the place. Sure, the place screams vintage and old and quaint. However, the place looks poorly maintained and unkempt.

Looking out of the window.


Since we have already partially taken my breakfast elsewhere, we could only order a strawberry scone and a chicken pie for myself and the late breakfast set for C.

The breakfast set was really just average, with the standard fried eggs, potato cakes 2 slices of bacon and french toast, if I am not mistaken. The 2 slices of bacon were the most miserable looking piece of bacon I have ever seen. Tiny and limp. The only thing that was good was the well flavoured potato cake.

The internet is abuzz with their scones. Admittedly, the strawberry scone was pretty good and moist inside with sizable chunks of strawberries in it. What made me reeled was that it was only served with some whipped cream. What happened to the butter and jam? Goodness gracious.


The chicken pie was well advertised by the restaurant itself. I was expecting a soul comforting chicken pie with gooey and creamy chicken, mushroom and potatoes in it. To my disappointment, the filling was reminiscient of the standard curry puff filling, only thing was that it was so dry, I need to drink water to swallow the pie.

Certainly, I didn't really like this place. Perhaps after reading the good ratings for this place, my expectations were set too high.

However, this place seems to be a great place for family with little children as they have readily available books and board games.

No comments: