Monday, February 2, 2009

Tully's Coffee @ West Coast Mall

Upon learning about Tully's Coffee has arrived in Singapore, at West Coast Mall, I squeezed in some time during a weekday lunch of Sushi-Tei to try out their coffee.

Despite drinking a lot of coffee, the unadventurous me, will only drink latte or au lait most of the time, occassionally cappucino or mocha, therefore I got a latte myself. I like the coffee though, smooth and not bitter. Very American-like, coffee is served in paper cups =). I also ordered a raisin scone, if I am not wrong. It was definitely not a scone you will come again for.

Overall, I still prefer Starbucks.. hehe. They have a great selection cakes, sandwiches and pies as an accompaniment to their coffee. It is still nice place though, to soak in the American ambience once in a while.

I did a little research in the Internet for more information about Tully's and learnt the following:

Company History:
Founded in 1992, Tully's Coffee Corporation is the third largest company-owned specialty coffee retailer in the United States. Tully's Coffee currently has 101 locations in Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, and the Pacific Rim. Its wholesale division provides Tully's whole bean coffee, related products, and supplies to domestic supermarkets, food services, restaurants, office coffee services, and institutions, as well as to customers through Tully's mail order and Internet sales. licensees.

No comments: