Sunday, May 11, 2008

Natural Facial Toner

I have quite dry and sensitive skin. Therefore, I am always on the lookout for good quality mild facial products that suits my skin.

I have tried various toners from different established brands as well as more affordable brands. Some brands do not refer toners as toners but as softening lotions. Whilst some of them are good for use, pricing just cannot beat the toner that I am using now.

Whilst there has been time now and then that I have neglected to use a facial toner after facial cleansing, I have rediscovered the advantage of using toners.

Toners are used after facial cleansing to remove any remaining impurities on the skin. And most importantly, the toner is to help to tighten pores. Another important point to note is that the toner preps up our skin for the next phase of application. Since my skin is quite dry at my cheek area, the anti-ageing serums and rich moisturizer that I am using now just do not seem to be able to be absorbed fully if I do not use any toner. After the application of the toner, and before it dries out, I will apply the anti-ageing serum, rich moisturizier or firming lotion.

The only toner that I use now is rose water. Such a simple and natural ingredient but it really works as a toner. The faint rose fragrance is lovely and the feeling is refreshing upon application. The rose water does not leave the skin dry. For those with oilier skin, witch hazel is a good choice. I have tried witch hazel out of curiousity and indeed it is too harsh for my skin.

Pricing for rose water is wonderful too. It only costs a few bucks and I normally buy a few everytime I visit. In Singapore, the only place that I am aware of that sells rose water suitable for facial skin is at Guardian.

No comments: