Saturday, April 26, 2008

Dongguan, China

This is my 3rd business trip to Dongguan, China and my 1st in taking some pictures. I managed to steal some time in between meetings to capture some photos.

We stayed at the Dongguan International Exhibition Hotel. The hotel is given a 4-star rating. I would not rave about its breakfast selections but given the hotel rate, it is an extremely comfortable stay. With its extensive amneties and toiletries, packing your luggage is less a hassle. Bath foam, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, sewing kit, comb, shaving razor and toothbrush are readily available. The place is new therefore, the rooms are clean enough to my standards. At least, we are able to sleep on the pillows without having an extra layer of our own pillow case without conjuring images of previous drooling customers.


One of my favourite places within the hotel is their huge display acquarium in their lounge. The acquarium is proudly inhabited by a few sea turtles as well as a few sharks.

A sleepy turtle who has just woken up:

A turtle going for a swim:


We also managed to travel to the city centre and spent time drinking coffee and eating cakes at Merci Cafe in Dong-Cheng. The cafe is quaint, surrounded by pretty pots of plants and flowers and reminds me very much of an European cafe.


No comments: